Inge Woudstra is an expert in equity, diversity and inclusion, with a specialism in gender inclusion. She is also the author of Be Gender Smart – The Key to Career Success for Women, a book that received feedback such as “men and women bring a great deal of value to the table. The sweet spot is in appreciating the need for both” – Helena Morrissey, founder of the 30% club.
She is an inspiring speaker, with a message that resonates with women, men and senior managers: “stop changing women, start changing organisations”.
Inga has a unique take on gender diversity. She has reviewed bio-psychological and brain research to find those gender differences that are relevant in the workplace. She applies those to solve the enigma of the lack of women in senior positions and in the pipeline, and gives real examples on how to move forward and not just keep women in but also leverage what they bring.
She is a highly qualified speaker, facilitator and tutor, and experienced panel moderator, researcher and consultant.
Her talks are highly interactive and open audience members’ eyes to the impact of inclusion on their day-to-day work. She fills her talks with personal stories, statistics, discussion, fresh ideas and insights and some truly practical actions.
Contact Great British Speakers today to book gender diversity in the workplace speaker Inge Woudstra for your next event.
Inge Woudstra is a principal Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Consultant at Voice At The Table, an established Diversity and Inclusion Consultancy. At Voice At The Table Inge helps good businesses and industries become even better by showing them how to tap into the talents and ambitions of all their people.
She works with leadership teams to increase understanding and commitment to EDI and develop an EDI strategy. She works with leaders and teams to drive behaviour change and help every team and individual develop, improve and embed inclusive behaviour habits.
Inge has a particular interest in addressing systemic bias using process nudges that encourage inclusive behaviours. She is a specialist in inclusive talent management.
Before moving into EDI, Inge held change management, consultancy and teaching roles in male-dominated, international organisations such as Siemens and Shell and worked as a tutor at Ashridge Business School.
Inge is originally Dutch and has lived and worked in the UK for the last 18 years. Clients are predominantly in the UK, and the US, but Inge has also delivered talks and workshops in The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Canada, India, Oman and the United Arab Emirates.
Awards & Recognition
MSc Business Management, Psychology A&B, Creative Facilitation, Facilitating Action Learning Sets, Brain Friendly learning, Inspiring Speaker Certification. Winner of the Tech Talent Charter hackathon with Best Practice resource on Inclusive Promotion (2021), Award for ED&I support of the Global Data Infrastructure industry (2021)
Inge’s talks are ideal if you are looking to:
– Change mindsets
– Increase gender awareness
– Boost women’s confidence and help them own their strengths
– Engage men, women and leaders in diversity and inclusion
– Leverage talent
– Built mutual respect
– Inspire effective new steps towards gender balance
Inge’s talk topics:
– It’s not about diversity and inclusion, it’s about you: engaging people with inclusion – suitable for all staff
– Value of difference: engaging people with gender inclusion – suitable for managers and hiring managers; or all staff
– Gender smart working – suitable for mixed gender teams
– Gender smart leadership – suitable for managers and team leaders
– Grow your career the gender smart way – suitable for women
10 min – 1-hour talk, which can be as interactive as you like, or can be extended to a 2-3 hour workshop. Inge is highly skilled in classroom work as well as working with large groups (40-300 people). She is an experienced panel moderator.
Why Hire Inge Woudstra?
– A new angle on gender diversity with a focus on leveraging gender differences so it links to bringing your best self to work, winning business, and creating a culture where people feel valued and can be productive.
– A way to engage men as well as women in gender issues so that men see themselves as part of the solution.
– A fresh take on recruiting women, building the female talent pipeline and achieving gender balance.
– Focus on practical action and tangible results for your audience.
Clients include Total, EDF Luminus, Intel, Avaya, Ashurst, Flemish Government, International Project Management Association, CIPD, Shell, The Academy for Chief Executives and the NHS.