He now works as a sustainability expert to help business ‘go green’ and is on the board of Nile Rodgers ‘We Are Family Foundation’ to support young entrepreneurs.
He is a multiple TEDx speaker on climate change and last year he was named as the WWF Earth Hour Hero for his environmental work.
In the past year, he has spoken in Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Nigeria, Hong Kong and Zambia as well as the UK.
- – Climate Change (Science, politics, society)
- – Interactive climate science lecture
- – How to get people to care about climate change
- – Environment/nature (Appreciation of nature, plastic pollution, conservation)
- – Renewable energy
- – UK climate leadership & BREXIT
- – Stories from the ‘frontline’ of climate change – scientific exhibitions and on-the-ground action.
- – What does the Paris Agreement & Sustainable Development Goals mean for your business?
- – The business case for going green
- – How to attract and retain millennial consumers and talent
- – Green Investment
- – Smart Cities
- – Careers in climate change
- – My Story – Overview of my work, lessons learned and stories from expeditions.
- – How to be a more effective activist
- – 3 TEDx talks: TEDxTeen ‘Why I Don’t Care About Climate Change’, TEDxZwolle ‘Find your wild side to tackle climate change’ and TEDxCity
- – UniversityLondon ‘Why aliens are our best chance of solving climate change’.
- – Shell: Keynote address on how to engage more young people in the low carbon transition. Followed by debate chaired by BBC Economics Editor Kamal Ahmed.
- – Enercon GmbH: After-dinner keynote address to 1000 guests at the wind turbine company’s 1Gw Celebration dinner hosted at the National Museum of Scotland.
- – BBC Radio 2: Jeremy Vine show debate about low carbon transport.
- – British Council/ Hong Kong Science Museum: Series of interactive 1 hour science lecture on climate change. Featuring live experiments. Audience primarily of young adults <25.
- – Royal Geographical Society Hong Kong: Guest lecture telling the ‘story’ of climate change and its implications for society.
- – Oceanic Ibiza: Keynote speech and chaired high profile debate about plastic pollution at eco-festival in Ibiza
- – Accenture: Keynote on sustainability in business and emerging trends.
- – University of Cumbria: Guest lecture on MBA course of leadership & sustainability.
- – ZERO conferences, Oslo: Closing keynote on how to make people care about climate change. Speaking alongside the Prime Minister of Norway and CEOs of car industries.
- – Girard-Perregaux: Keynote at high profile fundraiser in Paris on David’s glacier expedition to Iceland and how business can respond to climate change.
- – Greater London Authority: Guest lecture at London’s City Hall on communicating climate change.
- – Durham City Council: Chaired panel debate with politicians, business leaders and academics on climate change.
- – United Nations and World Health Organisation: Address on climate change, youth engagement and public health. Also chaired debates at the famous Paris Climate Conference.
- – Guest lectures at Oxford University, Durham University, Warwick University, Kings College London, Trentino (Italy) regional educational authority, Kellett School.