Paul writes regularly for national newspapers and other publications and is a frequent guest on radio and TV programmes, appearing regularly on the BBC and independent current affairs shows.
Currently the Director of Student Experience and Enhancement at the University of Liverpool, Paul has held visiting lectureships at various leading universities and has been responsible for guiding the careers of thousands of students and graduates. Paul’s research into ‘Generation Y’ (aka ‘Millennials’) and ‘Helicopter Parents’ has garnered him praise and respect from a range of national and international organisations.
Paul is the author of numerous books, reports and studies, including the best-selling ‘The Graduate Jobs Formula,’ and the highly popular diary column for the UK’s Association of Graduate Recruiters magazine. Paul is currently working on his new book, ‘The Rise of the Zombie Jobs’ – which will reveal, for the first time, those jobs and careers that are most likely to be lost to AI and robotics – and those that (for now) are likely to be safe.
In recognition of his writing and research, Paul was awarded a Fellowship of the British Royal Society of Arts.
Paul’s keynote topics include:
- Generations at work – how to manage and motivate today’s multi-generational workplace
- How to recruit, retain and respond to Millennials
- Getting the most from Generation X
- How to target, engage and sell to each generation
- Employability and the rise of ‘Zombie’ jobs – how to stay not just employed, but employable
- Wellbeing at work: how to achieve happiness and wellbeing at work
- Graduate Recruitment – recruitment advice for the 21st century
Royal London, Google, Pega, Hargreaves Lansdown, ABTA, NHS, Henderson Global Investors, Maples Group and RCS