Paul Craven is a London-based specialist in the area of Behavioural Economics and the Psychology of Investment. The founder of Paul Craven Partners Ltd, he is dedicated to helping his clients enhance their business communications, decision-making and sales skills. Paul is also an independent adviser on the Akzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Fund and the British Steel Pension Fund.
See Paul talking about his role with the Ogilvy Behavioural Change Lab:
With over 30 years of investment experience, with Schroders (1986-2003), PIMCO (2003-2007) and Goldman Sachs (2007-2013), he is the perfect speaker to help motivate your employees, incorporating his business knowledge into insightful masterclasses which are suitable for teams of all sizes, however large or small.
Paul also offers personalised 1-to-1 coaching, designed to improve your confidence and skill relating to presentations and public speaking.
- The Masterclass teaches the rare application of behavioural methodology to the world of business, improving and enhancing your sales and communication techniques with prospects and clients.
- The Masterclass is based upon a combination of three things: Paul's 30 years of sales and marketing experience with Schroders, PIMCO and Goldman Sachs (successes and mistakes!), his love of behavioural economics and psychology, as well as his interest in helping take ideas and people from good to great.
- Paul believes that ‘value-added’ comes in improving and enhancing your team's spoken and written sales communication with prospects and clients.
- Every Masterclass is bespoke to the client but there are three areas which Paul typically focuses on, from a behavioural and psychological perspective.
- Improving Sales Skills
- Enhancing Presentations
- Building Client Relationships
Away from public speaking, Paul is a member of the exclusive Magic Circle and uses this insight to demonstrate a unique understanding of the mind to help in business.
Paul has an MA (Hons) in History from St. John's College, Cambridge University and is a Freeman of the City of London.
Minds and markets: Paul Craven at TEDxLondonBusinessSchool
Clients Include: London Business School, Nationwide, European Investors Institute, Citywire Holdings, AXA, Lloyds Bank, NHS England, Willis Towers Watson, Zurich, Laurence Milbrook & Co, Ogilvy & Mather UK
“Paul’s superb content, combined with captivating examples and practical exercises and his energetic, engaging and fun delivery style make for a “lethal” combination. He does not simply educate his audience—he inspires them. The insights you get out of his talks are valid and useful not only in business but in our personal lives as well. I recommend him wholeheartedly and enthusiastically.” - Costas Markides, Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, London Business School
"Paul is an accomplished presenter who never disappoints and if you need someone to speak or coach on Behavioural Economics, I cannot recommend him highly enough.” - Frank Dolan, Chartered FCSI Partner & Chartered Wealth Manager Laurence Milbrook & Co
"He has the rare ability to both entertain and educate, making the audience question previously held assumptions." - Alex Beveridge, Director the European Investor Institute
"Paul has an all-too-rare mixture of erudition, wit and practical ideas." - Rory Sutherland - Vice Chairman, Ogilvy & Mather UK