From petty thief to World Record holder & Sunday Time best seller - meet David Thomas
“It’s not the cards you are dealt in life but the way that you play them”
David Thomas is a speaker with an unbelievable and inspirational story who will show your audience how to manage change and challenge.
David suffered a deeply abusive childhood at the hands of his alcoholic mother and aged stepfather. He went off the rails at 16. He started burgling shops, attempted suicide twice, nearly killed a police officer one night, received a criminal conviction and was expelled from school. He turned his life around and after a series of dead end jobs, joined the Fire Service at 20. He loved the job but struggled with the studying. Aged 27, he bought a book on memory to help him pass his exams. Just 8 months later, he went to the World Memory Championships and came 4th. He has since gone on to develop one of the most powerful memories in history including breaking a Guinness record for memorising and reciting the Maths formula Pi to 22,500 digits.
He is now an international speaker, Sunday Times #1 bestselling author and media personality, even appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show that went out to 500 million people worldwide.
His inspirational story is a triumph of success over terrible adversity. He is the epitome of resilience, determination and application. His motivational keynote is perfect for business events because he shares his methods that have made him a world class exponent in his field. These are the main themes:
• Forget the why; only focus on HOW
• Success does not have to be a spectator sport
• The more responsibility you take, the better your life will be
• Someone has to be at the top of the tree – think BIG and it will be you
World class memory guy
• World memory record holder for memorising and reciting 100 packs of playing cards
• International Grandmaster of Memory
• 2007 US Memory Champion
• Guinness record breaker for reciting Pi to 22,500 digits
• US memory record breaker for memorising 160 digits in 5 mins
Sunday Times No.1 bestselling author
• Written three books published worldwide with a readership of more than 1 million
• Second book went No.1 in The Sunday Times bestseller list
International media personality
• 500+ media appearances in 149 countries including going on The Oprah Winfrey Show
• BBC World Service, Wall Street Journal, London Times, many international publications
• 20 years in 21 countries and 40 states in the USA
• Venues include the Tower of London, Caesars Palace and Harvard Club, NYC
• Audiences include CEOs, fire-fighters, sales staff, Olympic athletes, even blind business people!
• Voted Speaker Hall of Fame by the Academy for Chief Executives
It’s not the cards you are dealt in life but the way that you play them
David’s motivational keynote speech on how to manage change and challenge. Suitable for high performing teams, leadership groups and sales people
Grow Your Brain, Grow Your Potential
David delivers masterclasses on brain training – Speed Reading, Mind Mapping and Memory Improvement – that smash self-limiting beliefs and leave delegates with a set of skills that improve productivity, help manage time better and make them more personally effective. Suitable for all teams that want to sell more, be more impactful in front of others and manage more effectively.
What the Clients say:
I’ve been trying to write to you for a few days now but have been struggling to express both my thanks and admiration in words. I feel honoured that you were able to join us in Manchester, I feel honoured that you shared your personal story and I feel honoured that you were able to remember most of my opening speech!!
We have had a number of external speakers at events of all kinds over the years but none have provoked such enthusiastic and heartfelt feedback directly to me than you! It has genuinely been overwhelming.
You not only nailed it David – and believe me you really did nail it – but you also managed to weave in, authentically, the key messages and themes for the entire M Forum and the focus for us for 2017 as a team. A real and rare skill.
Your story touched me deeply. My youngest son has just had his 5th birthday and so his face was in my mind as you shared with us your story. You are and will always now be an inspiration to me.
Noel Butwell, UK National Head, Distribution, Standard Life
See David in action...
Who Are We?
Great British Speakers is owned and managed by Jane Farnham & Steve Denison who have both been successful in the audio visual/broadcast business for many years so they fully understand your needs and expectations.
AJ Odudu's YouTube Channel has over 100,000 view's to date & is an informative platform for #fashion, #fitness &… https://t.co/iFHi5DIf1T
Historian, Dr. Helen Doe is in high demand as a cruise ship guest lecturer & is an accredited lecturer for the Arts… https://t.co/sDHlh9mQwa
Real Hustle star Alexis Conran can adapt his style from educational #keynote #speaker to after-dinner #entertainer,… https://t.co/Vlo7jeQOee