Nevil was involved in launching two of the UK’s most familiar brands in Dyson and BlackBerry.
He has worked as part of FTSE100 companies management teams for over a decade and in sales for over 25 years. Nevil designed, launched and lead a new sales coaching programme for an FTSE100 organisation.
He is a director at New Results Training, home to 2013-14 British Sales Trainer of the Year. Sharing his own journey, methods and approach, Nevil is helping business people go from good to great, progressing their own successful careers.
Nevil is the author of “Sales Success on LinkedIn” and is recognised as an excellent speaker and facilitator, bringing new ideas, methods and approaches to life for those he works with. Inspiring business owners, directors and their teams with the real world practical tools while getting individuals and businesses fired up, focussed and understanding the behavioural shifts to achieve success.
“Winning major clients” – Seminar and workshops 30 – 45-minute Keynote. Half to 3 days workshops
A major client, a corporate or well-known customer brings significant advantages, including the opportunity to use it as a reference for other potential customers. But how do you go about securing it? Nevil Tynemouth has extensive experience in sales environments and will introduce you to some of the key concepts in the sales process specifically around engaging and winning a major client.
This content includes the following:
• Understanding the pre-work and preparation needed
• Finding all of the key areas of strength and development needed in your business
• Looking for opportunities to leverage existing relationships to get in front of major clients
• Focusing on the key tools and goal setting mindset that makes major client interaction successful
• Sharing a framework and methodology for major customer engagement in a face to face environment
Once this has been covered we will look at the specific approaches proven to be engaging for major clients. Sharing key successes we will look at the following process (SAPS) for client engagement:
• Understanding the “Significant pain, change or opportunity” presenting in your major customer
• Finding out about their “Access to funds”, budget and timescales
• Digging in to fully appreciate their internal “Purchasing or procurement process”
• Discovering the effects that “Sleepless nights” have on individual contacts and using this in the sales process
Equipping you with key tools that can be reused to engage major clients, understanding their world and engaging all part of a major client. This interactive workshop equips you with the key tools and methods to understand major clients in more detail, focussing on the most important opportunities for them (and you).
“Sales Success on LinkedIn” – Seminar, workshops and book 30-45 minute keynote, half to full day workshop
Why do YOU use LinkedIn? Nevil is an avid LinkedIn user, being a member of LinkedIn for the last 9 years and LinkedIn’s most recent stats show him to be in the top 1% of searched profiles globally. Nevil shares his passion for LinkedIn, business development and sales. His detailed knowledge, experience and research of LinkedIn helps you focus on key ideas and methods you can take back to use on your own profiles. Both his seminars and workshops will help you in identifying new contacts, creating new connections and winning more customers on LinkedIn. With over 400 million people using LinkedIn globally, is this something you can ignore?
This workshop covers -
• Understanding what you can use LinkedIn for
• Getting your profile set up correctly
• Finding existing contacts and growing your online network
• Finding groups
• Finding, connecting and arranging meetings with key contacts
• Refining your profile to best effect and raising your profile with key contacts
• Using search (and advanced) searches to find new contacts
• Using the MiNe © model to maximise your impact with existing online contacts
By the end of this session, you will be equipped with all of the tools and techniques you need to help customers find you, help them buy from you and help raise your online profile. You leave having learned how to update, polish and refined your profile, creating an engaging presence on LinkedIn and with a range of tools and approaches designing to help in attracting customers to you.
Below is a short taster of Nevil's Linkedin programme, filmed at his book launch:
“Are you Sitting Comfortably?” 30-45 minute keynote, half to full day workshop
“Exploring your personal impact and breaking the barriers in your way”
Have you ever noticed how people (including you) can be, let’s say, inconsistent? Have you ever observed any of your teams avoiding doing the things that they know they should be doing? Do YOU ever find yourself avoiding the things you really should be doing?
If so, this 45-minute session helps to open your eyes to new ideas and possibilities while breaking down the major barriers that are holding you back.
In this session, you will gain a greater understanding of what makes you and your team succeed and helps you to improve your personal and business performance. We’ll do this by:
• Understanding why we do and don’t do some of the things that we know we really should
• Discovering how to tackle some of those things that are a challenge
• Recognising how we think and speak differently
• Spotting why it’s harder to listen than you might appreciate
• Avoiding the assumptions that others make
“Price versus value – growing your sales by growing your value” – Seminar and workshops 30-45 minute keynote, half to full day workshop
Why do you buy what you buy? Can you distinguish between what you want and what you need? How well do you understand your own pricing sensitivity and knowing that, how good are you at identifying and understanding your customers perceptions of price and value?
This seminar and workshop includes the following:
• Helping you in understanding the price and the value of your service offering.
• Finding the most appropriate positioning of the value of your offer
• Looking at why the price objections is often cited as the biggest objection in business.
Once this has been covered we will look at the specific approaches proven to be effective in engaging customers in the pricing discussion. Sharing key successes we will look at the following process for pricing success:
• Developing a way of positioning value to connect with clients.
• Selling on value and not on price.
• Learning to build value rather than reduce price.
• Understanding your own price sensitivity and pricing barriers.
Equipping you with key tools that can be reused to engage customers when presenting your service. This interactive seminar and workshop equips you with the key tools and methods to win more new customers based on the value you offer rather than the price.
What the clients say:
“One of these key skills is the ability to land a key customer and for this session we have been lucky enough to work with Nevil who has now delivered three sessions for us.
Nevil has an excellent presenting style which always puts attendees at ease and mixes both presentation and interactive elements to ensure that those taking part are fully engaged and take as much as they can from the session. In engaging Nevil’s services I feel any other organisation or business would be working with a thoroughly professional and knowledgeable individual and someone who we have also enjoyed working with on a personal level.”
“Nevil gave an excellent talk on making the most of LinkedIn for sales. His seminar was informative, detailed and engaging, providing key takeaways that people could go home and apply straight away to their own profiles.”
“I recently attended a day-long "LinkedIn for Success" workshop with Nevil and I cannot recommend him highly enough. In fact I have already mentioned him to a couple of people and passed on his contact details. Nevil is very knowledgeable in the subject and is able to impart that knowledge in a very down-to-Earth, accessible and humorous way.”
“I recently attended a seminar that Nevil delivered, the theme was Price v Value. The content was excellent and pitched just at the right level for the group. Nevil's delivery style was engaging and thought provoking and left me wanting more! Clearly an expert. I look forward to seeing him in action at other events.”
For more details on how Nevil can transform your colleague's performance and energise your event, simply call Jane Farnham at Great British Speakers on 0044 1753 439 289