Stephen is one of the best-known mountaineers of his generation, he was the first British mountaineer to climb Everest without supplementary oxygen.
He has devoted much of his life to climbing mountains around the world whilst writing numerous books on the subject. His inspirational presentations are all illustrated with powerpoint slide projection and he is a popular speaker.
All of his talks from "Everest to Shackleton" are extremely engaging and highly motivational and have been very well received at the numerous organisations and festivals he has spoken to including the RGS and RSGS.
Motivational and Key Note Speaking:
Stephen has inspired and entertained many thousands of people with his highly motivational presentations which can also be combined with mountain walks covering all levels of experience.
He works with a wide variety of corporate clients and has hosted and chaired various talks and events for mountaineering festivals and schools across the UK and Europe.
Recent events include:
‣ ‘A Winning State of Mind’ motivational talk - HSS Hire
‣ ‘Learnings from the Top of the World’ - Catlin Holdings Ltd
‣ ‘Everest Without Oxygen’ (Copenhagen) - MG Productions
‣ ‘Everest’ (Hong Kong) motivational lecture - RGS
‣ ‘The Everest Jubilee’ - Thornbury Arts Festival
‣ ‘Make Your Own Weather’ Keynote presentation - BlackRock
‣ ‘Shipton Country’ - The Keswick Lecture Society
‣ ‘In the Steps of Shackleton’ - Scotland’s History Festival
‣ ‘Journeys in the Steps of Eric Shiption’ - Royal Scottish Geographical Society
‣ ‘To the Top’ (Milan Conference) Keynote presentation - Zurich Insurance
‣ ‘Polartec Lecture - Snow, Rock & Ice’ (Munich Conference) - ThreeSixty Communications SRL
‣ ‘Mountain Festival’ - Intelligence Squared / RGS London
‣ ‘European Leadership Forum’ presentation - Ove Arup & Partners
Other clients include: JP Morgan, NYSE Euronext - LIFFE, Kodak, Shell, American Express, Glaxo Smith Kline, Lloyds Bank, Chase Manhattan, Merrill Lynch, Tate & Lyle, Boots, British Gas, London Business School, & Henley Management College.
TV Credits and Broadcasting:
‣ ‘Everest’ Channel 4
‣ ‘The Race for Everest’ BBC
‣ ‘Shakleton’s Antarctic Adventure’ (IMAX Movie)
‣ ‘The Alps - Giants of Nature’ (IMAX documentary)
‣ ‘Mountain Men - The Matterhorn and the Misfit’ BBC 2
‣ ‘Beating the Blizzards’ Central TV / National Geographic
‣ ‘Blue Peter’ BBC1
On the radio, Stephen has contributed to: ‘Essential Classics’ BBC Radio 3, ‘Archive Hour - Everest Southwest Face’ BBC Radio 4 ‘Archive Hour - To the Third Pole’ BBC Radio 4, ‘Into Thin Air’ BBC Radio 4, & ‘Private Passions’ BBC Radio 3.
‣ The Times
‣ The Sunday Times
‣ The Daily Telegraph
‣ The Sunday Telegraph
‣ The Financial Times
‣ The Independent
‣ The Observer
‣ The Guardian
‣ The Daily Mail
‣ The Mail on Sunday
For more information on Stephen's availability to inspire your audience contact, Jane Farnham at Great British Speakers on 0044 1753 439 289