Lynda is a cognitive neuroscientist and business psychologist and works with senior leaders and their teams who want to better understand emotional responses of clients and colleagues and harness this power to improve business culture, unite managerial teams, ensure employee job satisfaction and turn fear and stress into profit and loyalty. Together this is achieved through consultation, workshops, coaching, group mentoring and keynote presentations.
She is an experienced entrepreneur having owned 3 businesses including a health club with 2000 members and 20 staff. She is also a business psychologist and holds a doctorate in neuroscience, specialising in unconscious processing of emotion and communication. She works with senior leaders and their teams who want to better understand emotional responses of clients and colleagues and harness this power to increase business growth and dramatically improve communication and long term business relationships. She is a professional speaker, consultant, mentor and author and spends her time helping ambitious business people use emotion in their sales, marketing and all forms of communication. A regular Forbes blogger, her work takes her from summits to cruise ships, from conferences to schools, from multinationals to SMEs. Highly popular with a practical and fun approach.Dr Lynda Shaw is an enthusiastic and engaging speaker and has spoken at events and conferences across the UK.
A regular presenter, Dr Lynda Shaw is a cognitive neuroscientist, registered chartered psychologist, an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, a Fellow of the Professional Speakers Association, a Forbes contributor as well as an entrepreneur and author of adult and children’s books.
- Founded and operated three successful businesses with a number of staff to manage, Dr Shaw understands first-hand how expensive and challenging a workforce can be.
- PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience and Business Improvement Strategist.
- Lectured in Psychology and Neuroscience at Brunel University
- Conducted research on brain function and impairment, specialising in consciousness, emotion and the effects of ageing.
- A hugely popular speaker with an innovative, practical and immediately applicable approach. Offers insight into a variety of relevant and often controversial issues.
- Founder of Community Mix Up, a not-for profit making initiative to encourage people to socialise with the lonely and isolated www.communitymixup.com
- Charity work, including voluntary social work for the elderly, and has worked on committees for the NSPCC and RNLI and as an ambassador for The Children’s Society and Progeria.
- Adventure traveler in all seven continents.
Lynda offers a bespoke service within her subject areas. However she has 4 core talks which can also be adapted if required.
The Triple Brain Effect - From Prospect to Customer to Unpaid Salesforce
The Pleasure Umbrella - Optimum Communication Using Emotion, and It's Fun
PCD - How to Improve Problem Solving, Creative Thinking, Decision Making
How to Be More Influential in Times Of Uncertainty
Hear Lynda talk Greed Generosity and Grey Matter at a TEDx Talk in Milton Keynes...
What the clients say:
Dr Shaw’s insights into the behavioural and emotional factors we all experience are fascinating as well as a fresh and new. Her interactive training techniques have helped equip SOLLA advisers to explore the way they communicate and become more effective .....
Jane Finnerty Jt Chair SOLLA
Lynda Shaw is an incredible inspiring woman with a true passion for her subject which clearly shows in her presentation. She is lively, funny and gives some clear views on an otherwise complicated subject leaving you wanting to hear more. Knowing how your brain works and what you need to do in order to make the best of it is quite incredible. Our delegates loved Lynda’s presentation and scored her very high marks. Lynda also showed us some very interesting ‘content’ in our brains. I can truly recommend Lynda to any organisation.
Anne-Marie Lose, Membership & Events Director, Customer Service Training Network.
Lynda’s presentation to our group was both original and thoroughly relevant, encouraging and empowering our employees to better engage with themselves and our customers through simple but highly effective, common-sense techniques.
Chris Houfe, Sales Director, The Great British Card Company